Sierra 2 Center is looking for qualified interns to join our team.Our interns will work remotely, in our office, and at our events in the neighborhood. Schedules will be flexible and under 20 hours per week. The program timeline is flexible but requires at least a 3 month commitment. The internship is for school credit and job experience (unpaid).
Interns will gain knowledge, ability, and skills by assisting in the creation and production of high quality graphics and online interaction, including but not limited to: print, design, advertising, social media, internet, photography, videography, displays, booths, signage, and multimedia presentations for all departments at Sierra 2 Center in a manner consistent with our mission, vision, and values.
Under the guidance of permanent staff, interns will gain valuable work experience performing the tasks similar to the following:
- Assist in executing deadlines for marketing, communications, and creative elements for ongoing events and programs
- Craft promotions for social media based on upcoming events
- Digitize our print newspaper (The Viewpoint) into scheduled blog posts on our WordPress Website
- Draft email newsletter content and graphics
- Create graphics for social media using Illustrator or Canva
- Help setup and plan events
- Conduct online research and analysis
- Assist with online advertising and campaign tracking efforts
- Deliver marketing and promotional materials to local residences and businesses
- Serve as an event photographer as needed
- Similar tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Must be a current student working towards an accredited degree
- Basic graphic design and desktop publishing skills required
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- A quick learner, with an ability to acclimate quickly to environment and different groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in person, through email, and over social media.
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Must be observant and attentive
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. Please be sure to include technical skills and related coursework which applies to this position.
About Sierra 2 Center
Sierra 2 Center for the Arts & Community serves as a regional incubator of the arts, education, culture, and community activities. As the voice of the neighborhood, The Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association actively participates in preserving the heritage of and enhancing the quality of life in the Curtis Park neighborhood and throughout Sacramento by operating the Sierra 2 Center and the included Senior Activity Center.