Colored pencil, ink pens, markers, acrylic paint and WATERCOLOR!
Tonja had always been creative, crafty, artsy… but it was a bit later in life when she discovered a love for painting. In 2010 she bought a bunch of supplies and started watching videos. She uses a variety of mediums including, graphite pencils, colored pencil, ink pens, markers and acrylic paint but it is watercolor that speaks the loudest. It’s soothing and it suits her style.
She’s a fan of random facts–so here are a few of hers:
- Favorite quote: Paint is only wasted when it’s in the tube!
- Spirit Animal: Dolphin
- Go-to road trip snack: white cheddar popcorn
- Favorite movies: Bennie and Joon, The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo’s Fire
- Celebrity Crush: Bradley Cooper
- Guilty pleasure: 80’s/90’s tunes and the occasional reality TV show
- Non-blog hobby: roller skating
- Childhood Hero: Aubrey Hepburn (I never had that much cool sophistication but I admired it. Still do!)
About Curtis Fest
Curtis Fest returns to William Curtis Park on Sunday, Aug. 27. More than 60 artisans are expected to show their work at the 11th annual event, which will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the north end of the park under the beautiful tree canopy. Curtis Fest has become a Sacramento favorite, and many premier artists have joined the lineup this year.
This free, public event includes food from award winning chef Keith Breedlove of the Culinerdy Cruzer food truck along with delicious street tacos from the Turnt Up food truck. John Merriman, Dianna and the Cherry Kings and the Ranell Carpenter Band will perform.
An expanded petting zoo returns this year as well as the climbing station, and the children’s fairy. Curtis Fest will be followed by Music in the Park from 6-8 p.m.