- This event has passed.
Big Day of Giving on May 4th, 2017
May 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
On May 4th, 2017, our region will come together for the 4th Annual Big Day of Giving!
Funds raised will go towards improvements to the 24th Street Theatre.
Planned improvements include:
- New seating (our current seats were in Memorial Auditorium for 20+ years, then given a second life at the 24th Street Theatre in the 80’s)
- New carpet/flooring throughout the theater house
- New stage flooring (lots of patches holding it together)
- New lighting throughout the house (to make our performers look even more ah-mayzing)
- New curtains for the stage and windows
- Renovate the lobby/entrance to include a box office and concession area
- Freshen up the exterior, including signage and marquee
- Replace the main speakers and mixer
- Replace the battered roof
- Clean, paint, and repair the entire theater (want to help? Volunteer.)
- Also needed: HVAC updates and ADA compliance updates
Please Donate to Help Us Update the 24th Street Theatre! Preschedule your Big Day of Giving Donation
A program of the Sacramento Region Community Foundation’s initiative to grow local philanthropy, Big Day of Giving is a 24-hour online giving challenge that brings together the region’s nonprofit community to help raise much needed unrestricted funds and shine a spotlight on the work nonprofits do to make the Sacramento region the place we call home. For the past few years,the giving day has united our community, raising more than $16 million for local nonprofits from over 36,000 donors from all over the region, the state, the country, and the world.