Introduction to Singing Workshop
January 27 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm$30
Anyone can learn to use their signing voice and practice makes perfect!
Saturday, January 27th
2:30-4:30 p.m. in Room 12
Advanced registration required; space is limited.
Have you ever wanted to learn to sing or improve your singing skills but didn’t know where to start? Well look no further! In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- The basics of how the voice works
- Strategies to strengthen your instrument
- Techniques to free and find your voice.
Every person has a unique voice to share! In this workshop, we’ll start you on a path to find your own! No experience is necessary!
Reasons to Learn to Sing:
- It’s good for your health! Singing reduces stress. It also exercises facial muscles and works the lungs and heart.
- You’ll get to know yourself better. Discover what you can and can’t do with your voice.
- You’ll become a better listener by developing a musical ear for notes, pitch, rhythm, and nuances of the voice.
- It might boost your social life! With the confidence to sing, why not join a choir, an a cappella group, or a band?
About the Instructor:
Emily Perez is a creative and musician based in Sacramento, CA. She has worked as a music and dance teacher throughout Sacramento and the Bay Area and performed with UC Davis Choir, the Sacramento City College Jazz Band and the Sacramento City Vocal Ensemble. She holds a double B.A. from UC Davis and an M.A. from CSUS. She trained as a vocal coach under Professor Daniel Paulson at Sacramento City College and as a piano teacher at the Sara Harris Piano Studio. Her philosophy in teaching is that every student has both something to learn and something to give.