- This event has passed.
Learn Spanish Fast!: Intermediate 1
September 7 @ 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm$200
Join Profe Linda this fall to Learn Spanish Fast! Starting in September 2017, sequential classes will be offered through March 2018.
Class will be held Thursday, September 7 and Friday, September 8 from 4:30-8:30 pm in Room 9, and on Saturday, September 9 from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm in the Sierra Cottage (just north of the 24th street theater).
Intermediate Spanish 1 is taught through Total Physical Response®, Teaching Language Proficiency through Storytelling®, and other oral comprehension based methods. This course is aimed at the rapid achievement of an intermediate level of proficiency (ACTFL scale) through interesting reading, engaging storytelling and personalized discussions, and oral multi-media presentations
- Students can expect to acquire the 100-200 highest frequency words in Spanish in the past tenses, preterite and imperfect, as well as to acquire the present tense through reading
- There is no pressure to speak or perform, but opportunities for conversational Spanish are provided.
- Students are able to participate in interviews, brief conversations, and to re-tell oral stories. Students are invited to take these classes more than once because although the curriculum changes each time, the pace will always stay comfortable so that your experience is effortless and fun
- Students with previous Spanish exposure are guided through the process of reactivating latent vocabulary
- Each level of the course will be reading a novel totally in Spanish!!
Course Level Information:
- Intermediate 1 will reinforce basic verbs and vocabulary and seeks to increase oral fluency to speak about every day topics
- Intermediate 2 builds on the skills acquired in Intermediate 1 and focuses on more sophisticated sentence structures which encourage speaking
- Intermediate 3 aims to increase oral fluency and introduce greater vocabulary
Each course may be taken multiple times separately or as a group to increase language acquisition as the course content is modified maintaining a comfortable level for students
While it is suggested that students take more than one course to increase language acquisition, students may join in at any level. They can jump in where ever they want and get plenty out of each course. Profe Linda teaches for oral fluency not grammar acquisition. Although grammar is taught, it is not the focus. There are no boring grammar drills either! This is a fun course that also happens to teach Spanish!
For more information, visit the Learn Spanish Fast website: